Venues Parks & Arts Receives IPRA Awards
Northwest Indiana Business News Logo

Venues Parks & Arts Receives IPRA Awards

Buy Us A Coffee

Venues Parks & Arts Receives IPRA AwardsSOUTH BEND – Park and recreation professionals throughout Indiana were recognized for statewide achievements on the evening of Wednesday, January 31 at the 2018 Indiana Park & Recreation Association (IPRA) Conference. South Bend’s Venues Parks and Arts (VPA) received two awards: the Creative Event Award for Best. Week. Ever. and the Inclusion Program of Excellence Award for My South Bend Parks & Trails.

“I am delighted by this statewide recognition for our Venues Parks and Arts,” said Mayor Pete Buttigieg. “These awards indicate the importance of equity and creativity in delivering high-quality services. Residents can experience VPA’s commitment to this valuable work as we continue to build out the My South Bend Parks & Trails initiative and put on Best. Week. Ever. 2018 in the coming months.”

According to IPRA, the Creative Event Award “honors events pertaining to senior and active adults, youth and families, cultural arts, health and fitness, community wellness and more.” The award-winning Best. Week. Ever. is a weeklong collection of experiences that celebrate South Bend’s culture, progress and creativity.

“It was a banner week in our city’s history and one that will not quickly be forgotten. It’s important that we have occasions like this to encounter new experiences, form bonds with one another, and generally reflect upon our city’s creativity, culture and progress,” says VPA Executive Director, Aaron Perri.

Best. Week. Ever. 2018 will take place from Monday, May 28 through Sunday, June 3. For more information about Best. Week. Ever., visit www.bestweekever2018.com.

The Inclusion Program of Excellence Award “praises an organization or agency for their achievements pertaining to a program or project that increases awareness and benefits of parks and recreation. This award highlights and acknowledges the organization’s effort and determination to provide inclusive opportunities and programming to their community” (IRPA).

Author

Scroll to Top