INDIANAPOLIS – Ivy Tech Community College has selected 19 adjunct faculty members from across the state to receive the school’s annual Adjunct Faculty Award for Excellence in Instruction.
Ivy Tech operates 30 campuses across the state, which includes sites in Northwest and North Central Indiana. The 2018 Adjunct Faculty Award for Excellence in Instruction winners from the region were:
· Lake County – Frederick Williams, student success instructor
· Michigan City – Sara De La Rue, life and physical county sciences instructor
· South Bend/Elkhart – Jim Baxter, community engagement instructor
· Valparaiso – Leann Leady, healthcare specialist instructor
Kenneth Moder, adjunct faculty member from Ivy Tech Lafayette, was presented with the Gerald I. Lamkin Award, named after the former Ivy Tech president and is presented to only one instructor. The award recognizes an adjunct faculty member who exhibits excellence in instruction and represents the mission of the college.
Moder joined Ivy Tech in 2011 and teaches physical sciences.
Latest posts by Larry Avila (see all)
- Indiana Economic Development Corp. president says state’s climate right for small business growth - November 15, 2018
- Ivy Tech Community College earns 14 national marketing awards - November 15, 2018
- Report shows 540,000 Hoosiers working in advanced manufacturing; highest level since 2001 - November 15, 2018