Fifth Third Bank names new Chicago region leader • Northwest Indiana Business Magazine

Fifth Third Bank names new Chicago region leader

Buy Us A Coffee
Mark Hoppe
Mark Hoppe

Fifth Third Bank has a new leader for its Chicago market, which includes its locations in Northwest Indiana.

The Cincinnati-based bank announced May 8 Mark Hoppe, who has served as Fifth Third’s Chicago regional president since July 2019, will succeed Mitchell Feiger, chairman and CEO of Fifth Third Bank Chicago who is retiring May 29.

Feiger has served in his current role since Fifth Third and MB Financial merged in March 2019. He was president and CEO of MB Financial.

Mitchell Feiger

“I expect a seamless transition to Mark’s leadership,” Feiger said. “Mark has worked closely with me and the other members of the leadership team for many years, and even amid today’s challenges, I know he will continue to lead our operations in Chicago with a focus on growth and a dedication to Fifth Third’s core values.”

Fifth Third operates more than 1,100 branch locations spread across Ohio, Kentucky, Indiana, Michigan, Illinois, Florida, Tennessee, West Virginia, Georgia, and North Carolina. It has 102 locations in Indiana, including several across Northwest Indiana, which are considered part of Fifth Third's Chicago region.

Hoppe has served in several executive leadership roles in banking, including as president of MB Financial Bank, CEO of Taylor Capital and president, CEO and a director of Cole Taylor Bank.

Hoppe also worked for nearly three decades with LaSalle Bank, including time as CEO of LaSalle Bank Midwest in Michigan.

Hoppe serves on the board of directors and finance committee for Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children’s Hospital of Chicago, the board of trustees for Loyola University of Chicago, and on the board of advisors and executive committee for Catholic Charities of the Archdiocese of Chicago. He is a member of the board of trustees and finance committee of Window to the World Communications Inc. and the executive committee of DePaul University’s Center for Financial Services.

Hoppe is a past chairman of the Illinois Bankers Association and past president of the Bankers Club of Chicago.

He holds a Master’s in Business Administration and Bachelor’s in Business Administration from the University of Wisconsin.

Author

Scroll to Top